Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Thats What Friends Are For"




Doesn't get much cheesier than that, right? Well whatever it's true. I am not sure words could ever explain what I am feeling. Sunday was pretty amazeballs. I have no idea how many people showed up. I felt like I was running around like a maniac. I am sure I didnt get a chance to talk to everyone either, which I truly apologize for. I know taking your Sunday, which many of us live for, and heading out to some bar is probably not the ideal thing you want to be doing. But THANK YOU for those that did. I had people drive in from Indiana for this(Hi Patty!)....for little old me?

I can't tell you how many people came up to me or emailed me and said how great the fundraiser was. And that's because of all of the hard work from my friends. From the girls who did the grunt work(The Sue's, The Beth's, Elise, Kim, Gina,& Jodi), to Lisa and Eric, Sarah who bartended, cutie pie Nate who played music, Tim who helped clean up, & to everyone who helped with the front door, sideboards, 50/50 and raffle tables. I can't thank you enough.

I am sure my little speech at Gunselmans didn't quite get my message across. I felt like I was babbling. I now know how people forget to thank others when they win an Academy Award. You just go blank. And you get overcome with emotion. I was so "Ramotional!"(Those who watch Real Housewives will understand that!)

I took yesterday off. Wasn't planning on it. Had every intention of going in, showered and just said screw it. It was rainy out and I wanted to chill. So I ran some errands, pick some stuff up left at the bar, and relaxed. It was kind of one of those : "Ahhhhh" moments. I felt better where I am at financially. I was putting everything on a credit card and the donations will help that debt alot.

I hope everyone had a nice time, had some great food, and those that won some things enjoys them. Especially Mo......with her Adult gift basket. ;)

XOXOXOXOXO
B-





No comments:

Post a Comment