Monday, August 20, 2012

"Back In the Saddle Again"



Vacation was awesome. Just awesome. And literally what the doctor ordered. I am not sure it could have come at a better time. I was mentally exhausted from everything between the surgery and finding out about the chemo situation.

We essentially went to the beach, laid out in the sun , came in for lunch and laid by the pool for the majority of the days. We also did a ghost tour of the Old City jail. However, I almost passed out and puked in the middle of it. It was about 100 degrees in each room. I think I made Kim nervous because they locked us in a room that was so pitch black I couldnt see my hand in front of my face. And thats when I almost went down. I think between the heat, the sunburn, the wine and my surgery, I hit my limit that day!

We spent one day in downtown Charleston which is amazing. Did an awesome carriage ride. That was really cool to see the homes and sites. It also was hot as balls. So sitting in a carriage sounded great. We also did a lot of shopping and Charleston has some great shopping. Did some wine tasting which was realllllly good and got a shrimp po'boy for lunch at Eli's Table which was seriously awesome! All in all a fantastic trip and I cant wait to go back. Hopefully next summer again. I realized that I am kind of over the craziness of Vegas. Maybe its because I have done it so many times. I really just love relaxing on vacation. And the beach does that for me.

This weekend is going to be nuts. Heading to the Browns game on Friday with Kim, Gilly and Joanna. My group leader at the Gathering Place offered me free tickets. We are sitting on the 50th yard line, lower bowl, in the 10th row! Granted its pre-season but it will be cool to sit that close. Sunday is my benefit at Gunselmans that the ladies have been literally busting their asses over. If you are coming, you need to bring some extra cash for raffle tickets. We have some GREAT gift baskets! Browns tickets, hotel stays, booze basket, various gift cards to restaurants & bars………oh and a diamond necklace! I will post a benefit blog later this week on all of the details like where, when , parking, etc. So check back for an update!

Also, if you would like to sign up to help with the raffle, front door, side board, etc……please sign up at link below:

SIGN UP SHEET!

Happy Monday everyone! Have a fantastic week!

XOXO-
B

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you had a great time! Really wish I could make the benefit on Sunday, but I'm hosting the Rocky Horror cast BBQ...we'll drink some in your honor!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete