Friday, November 30, 2012

"Song For A Winters Night"



I think this is one of the prettiest "Christmas" songs. Ok it's really not a Christmas song but they do play it during Christmas. And, well, the best singer ever is singing it so there you have it.

Christmas. I used to enjoy it. It's been hard the past 2 and now onto the third, since my divorce. I will never forget the Christmas of 2010. Wow. Was I a miserable mess. Even more so than I am now. I did not know what to do with myself. I remember Christmas Eve. I always went to my ex husbands family's house for 15 years. Now, all of a sudden, I was sitting in a house, alone on Christmas Eve. Talk about depressing. My parents even stopped over after church. I think it was to check on me and make sure I was ok.

I still have a hard time with Christmas now. It sucks. Everyone is married with kids and/or is in a relationship. Me? Big loser in the corner. Divorced with cats and no real boobs. I am pretty sure this is going to be be me in 30 years:




I am fortunate though that I have a great family. I love seeing my neice and nephew during Christmas open all of their gifts. So that I am thankful for. At least I am here on this planet with everything I have been through to be able to see that.

It is not like I am desperate to be in a relationship. I am not that type of girl. I am to the point now where if it happens.....it happens. I sometimes think maybe Mike was my "one true love" and things just didn't work and I am basically shit out of luck. It's possible. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

I hope all of you who do have someone in your life appreciate them. Not just during Christmas or birthdays but every day you are on this earth together.

Happy Friday everyone!!

XOXO-
B



No comments:

Post a Comment