Monday, June 25, 2012

Joe Cocker said it the best..........




I am very fortunate to have some great people in my life. One of which came into my life for a reason. I truly believe that. She knows who she is so I wont embarrass her. And I am sure by process of elimination you will figure out who I am referring to. We graduated high school together and although not great friends in high school, we reconnected through, you guessed it Facebook. My friend was also diagnosed with breast cancer. Something we could, sadly, both relate to. It's been so great for us to be able to bounce feelings, thoughts, ideas, etc off of each other. We GET what the other has gone through.


That being said her lovely sister, who is just as amazing, has decided to put together a fundraiser for me August 26th. With the help of the BEST NEIGHBOR ever, this will be at my favorite bar, Gunselmans. The details will be plastered all over Facebook I am sure but in the meantime, I have had a ton of people asking what they can do to help. So, if you would like to help out, these are the things we need help on:

1) Donations for gift baskets. We will be doing a Chinese raffle. If you have connections, know of anyone or any place that would be willing to donate anything, please contact them. For further details on where to drop off such items, please EMAIL me at sarmcl@gmail.com.

2) Donations for food for fundraiser. The ticket price will include draft beer, wine, soft drinks and food. That being said if you want make something and bring it, please do! OR if you know of anyplace willing to donate food(i.e. pizza) please contact me at the email address and above and I will pass it on to the girls.


Hope everyone has a fantastic week! I will have an AWESOME time getting my final crown tomorrow BUT I will be heading to see Ms Sarah McLachlan in Toledo on Wednesday! WOOOOOOOOOOT!


XOXO
Barra

No comments:

Post a Comment