Monday, July 16, 2012

"Thank You"




Is there really a better song to thank all of you for your kind words, cards, gifts, etc? Me thinks not. So for everyone who has reached out, offered help, offered advice, etc......I truly "Thank You". I am very lucky to have a great support group. Many people do not have that as sad as it is. I have heard the stories. I am fortunate.

We are 48 hours away from surgery. People have asked me if I am nervous. It would be a lie to tell you I am not. However, I have a great deal of confidence in my doctors. I mean, you better, right? Hey they got it right the first time they will get it right the second. At least now my boobs will completely match :)

I had a fantastic weekend. Friday we went up to Gunselmans for the Fairview Summer Fest. The annual parade down Lorain in which they throw out candy to the kids. It was so great to see everyone. Saturday I went to my nephews game. I had said to my brother that every game I have been to so far(maybe 4 or so) Aidan really hasnt hit the ball....and he can hit. Wouldnt you know it he ripped a triple down the left field line. I was loving it. Screaming and yelling. Yes I am THAT Aunt. Very proud moment. He did everything his coached taught him to do. "Do not watch the ball-watch your third base coach". Very proud moment and I was fortunate to be able to see that.

After the game, I picked up Brian and we headed down to Sarah's Vineyard in Cuyahoga Falls. I wanted to try something different and figured, why the hell not? So glad we did. Great winery and great atmosphere. Alex ended up meeting us which was nice. I havent see her all that much lately so it was great to catch up, talk and mostly laugh. I got a horrible sunburn too. It was cloudy and yet I still manage to burn like hell! Oh well...totally worth it. After the winery, we said our goodbyes to Alex and wanted to go grab some food. Brian mentioned Whiteys Booze & Burgers. Put it in the good 'ol GPS and found it. Only 4 miles away! And let me tell you it was FANTASTIC. One of the best burgers I have ever had!

Sunday I got up early as Lisa was coming over at 7:30 to help me clean. I wanted to get the house spotless. I cleaned from 7:30-11:30, took a shower, & then headed to Joanna's to see her new kitten Gus. My cat Sam LOVES shaky mice. So he was nice enough to share one of his from his pack to give to Gus and Gus loved it. Too cute! After that I went to get my hair done by Robyn. She offered to do it as her gift to me which was truly awesome. I feel alot better and at least my hair will look good after surgery :)

After that, I headed home and the Zellmer's came over to drop of their cozy recliner. This is a blessing because I dont have one and I needed something to sleep in the next 2 weeks. Fortunately, they had one and were nice enough to let me borrow it. I rearranged the furniture in the family room and now I have a nice cozy spot for my ass. I will be watching alot of DVD's, trash tv and sleeping for the most part. So thank you to Lisa and Eric. Oh and thanks to T-Bone for locking my shutters so nobody takes me at night ;)

Tonight is my last night out for awhile. Kim and I are going to dinner at Fatheads, heading to Gunselmans for a few drinks, then Sue is coming over for the second part of the Real Housewives of the OC reunion. It will be a nice end to a fun past month. Tomorrow I plan on working all day, finishing a few things up around the house and relaxing since I have to be up at 4:45 on Wednesday.

Again, if anyone wants updates on Wednesday, check with my brother Brett on Facebook. If you email him, he can let you know whats going on as he will be at hospital with my parents.

Have a great week everyone!

XOXO-
B

No comments:

Post a Comment