Friday, March 9, 2018

"Another One..or almost three... Bites the Dust"



Another week down another 2.8 pounds lost. I am now down 17.4 pounds since January 23.

So I have been asked how I am doing this and if I had some tips. The main two things I can tell you if you are going to take this challenge on is to meal plan and get your ass moving. If you don't do these two things, you will not last long. For example, on Wednesday or Thursday I start meal planning for the next week. We do most of our grocery shopping on Saturday and/or Sunday. I make my menu for dinners and then I buy from that list. And make sure you HAVE a list. Do not go into the store all willy nilly. You will buy crap you do not need or should not eat.

That being said Pinterest should be your go to for meal planning. If you dont have the app, get it. Make a board for Weight Watchers or Healthy Eating. Pin those recipes to your boards. I can tell you almost all of the stuff I have made is from there. Two other great resources for recipes which tell you the point totals for Weight Watchers are Hungry Girl and Skinny Taste

What I have found in my journey thus far is you have to find substitutes for the food you love. If you like rice, make cauliflower rice. I know it sounds weird but its fantastic. If you like tortilla chips, get the baked Tostitos. They no longer taste like wallpaper paste and are a great option. With so many fantastic salsas out there you can have a crunchy snack for low points. If you love a great hamburger, get the Butterball frozen turkey burgers. They are really good and only 3 points.

Hope every has a great weekend! Stay warm!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment