Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Hurt"



Pain tolerance. Mine is pretty high. Or so I have been told. However, lately my joints are doing a number on me. One of the lovely side effects of Lupron. It is in my knees and my hips. I have a bum right knee as it is from basketball and this only compounds it. It hurts mostly when I am sitting awhile. And then when I am walking up or down stairs. I am also having a hard time getting comfortable in bed. I pushed on my knee cap and the pain was excrutiating.

I know. Nobody likes a whiner. I am trying to tough it out. I am being very active when it comes to working out. Walking anywhere from 30-40 minutes 4-5 days a week and light weight training. So my workouts are about 45 minutes to an hour. I keep think that if I wasn't working out how would I feel. I probably would not be able to move. Ibuprofen really does nothing for me. Again high tolerance here. I cant do lunges which sucks because my knees cant handle it. As I am typing this my right knee, where I had surgery in high school, is aching.

Today I head to my oncologist for another round of Lupron. Fotunately, the hotflashes & insomnia are tapering off.



I have brought up the pain in my joints before and she said the best thing to do is exercise. I will bring it up again today and see if she has any other suggestions. If anybody has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Stretching ideas, light exercises, I am open to ideas. Not open to anything that will cost me money though. I just can not afford it.

Happy Hump Day!

XOXO
B-

No comments:

Post a Comment