Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Stupid Girls"




So as most of you I saw P!NK last Wednesday in Columbus and it was amazing. I am pretty sure I will never see anything like that again. She is in crazy good shape and singing the entire time shes doing these acrobatics. I was in awe. Her show was inspiring. It got me thinking about women in general and how pathetic some of us have become. What I respect about P!NK is her honesty. And how she doesnt WHINE unlike some people:



Look we all have been through breakups but Taylor Swift seems to go through them on a weekly basis. You are not 16 years old Taylor Swift. Grow the f up already. You have many young girls who look up to you. Stop acting like a weak fool. Relationships shouldnt define who you are. Thats when you get into trouble and make bad choices. And guess what ladies...its okay to be single! I have been doing it for 3 years and I haven't spontaneously combusted yet. In fact, what it has done for me is allowed me to regain my independence. I am a way stronger person now than I was 3 years ago. Did I think I would know how to buy a house? No. Deal with electric companies & electricians when a catastrophe happens? Hell no. Negotiate with bidders for a new garage roof? Are you kidding? Go through cancer a second time? What doesnt kill you makes you........stronger.




Also last Wednesday I had my appointment at Siedman Cancer Center to discuss my plan moving forward since I am going off of Lupron do to the cost. I have decided to go back on Tamoxifen and will eventually be doing a hysterectomy. I do not have any plans for children. That is kind of hard when you do not have a significant other. And lets be honest, at my age? Well I think that ship has sailed. Am I upset about it? No. How can I be. I am here arent I? I am in no rush for this surgery. I got a referral for a doctor who specializes in such a surgery for cancer patients. So my goal is to meet with her first and discuss with her my situation. From there, decide on when I would like to have the surgery. I am thinking later this year/early next year.


This week I heard back from Sarah, my genetic counselor at UH, about the second round of genetic testing results. This is where they look at 14 different strains to see if you carry any of them. If you do, you might be higher risk for other cancers. This allows you to make sure you are being screened regularly. There was one gene called the RAD 50 that had a “slight variant of uncertain significance”. This is a newer gene so they do not have a ton of info about it other than it MIGHT cause a higher risk for breast cancer. The models showed that the mutation was benign but not a true mutation. So basically they don’t THINK this was the cause but it could be as models can sometimes be wrong. They will update more on this gene as their research progresses. So I am to check back with her in a year. I am kind of a guinea pig on this one(STORY OF MY LIFE!). She agreed that a hysterectomy would be a good idea. I also asked about my niece. She said she should start early screening. Since I was diagnosed at 34 the first time, I probably had breast cancer in my early 20's. I am glad at least Ella will know to be proactive.


Other than that I am doing very well. I will meet back with the NP in July.


Have a great weekend everyone!!

XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment