Thursday, December 13, 2012

"These Are the Few of My Favorite Things"



I can not believe 2012 is almost over. Time flies when you are having fun, right? Although I had some crappy news this year, I did have a lot of fun and enjoyed many things. I love when people do "Year End" favorites. So I thought it would be fun to do a blog on some of my favorite moments from 2012. It will included everything and anything. From tv to music to vacations to concerts. It's my Top 10 list. Are you ready?


1)Best Concert I attended: I have to go with my girl: Sarah McLachlan in Toledo. I drove 2 hours there to see her and 2 hours back then had to be up for work. I am the true definition of a fan. Although I have never met her, it is my goal in life to do this. She will be touring in 2013 and I am putting this goal at the top of my list. To see Sarah with a live orchestra was incredible. The Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre is quite amazing. Amazing sound there. If you ever get a chance to see a live show there, I highly recommend it.




2)Best CD: I have to go with Pink here and "The Truth About Love".



You know how some cd's have songs you are luke warm on? Not this one. I love this cd front to back. One of those you just put it on and let it go. I seriously can not wait to see her in Columbus in March. I think this show is going to blow us away. Favorite songs include: Slut Like You and The Great Escape. If you haven't purchased it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?


3)Best Viral Video: I mean come on, is there really any competition here?



Sweet Brown, I love you. You can make me smile even when I was down. I think you did that for alot of people. I have always have time for you Sweet Brown!!


4)Best Meal in Cleveland: When Sue Klika took me to Momocho for the first time. I have never been a guacamole fan but their's? Holy smokes. You can check them out on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives in the below video. And the scallops I had? SOme of the best ever. And their margaritas? Arrrrrrrrrrriba!




5)Favorite Sports Moment: This is pretty easy........when the Browns beat the Steelers in November. Oh God I hate them. Everything about them. Their colors, their fans, their stupid QB. And yes I know Big Turd wasn't playing but I don't care if Eric the Midget was playing quarterback: WE BEAT THE STEELERS! Now can we beat them twice in one season? Probably not. But I will take this one.



6)Best TV Show- Not Reality : American Horror Story. As messed up as this show is, it's brilliant. It is definitely one of those shows you have to pay attention to. If you have a short attention span, forget about it. But if you like to be creeped out and enjoy twists and turns, you need to check this out. And you really should watch it for Jessica Lange alone because besides Meryl Streep, Jessica is one of the best actresses ever.



7)Best TV Show-Reality: It has to be the Real Housewives franchise. Pick any of them. OC, Beverly Hills......Iraq. I do not care. You love drama--they give you drama. You want need to laugh? Laugh your ass off. Sometimes when life hands you a shitty hand, you need to escape. These women do that for me. I don't want to hear about politics and bullshit like that. I want to remove myself from my own garbage and be entertained for an hour.




8) Best Movie:



No need to adjust your monitor. There is no award for best movie of the year because they all sucked.

9)Worst Movie: Piranha 3DD. Ok the first one was entertaining. It was a gore fest, had a decent story, etc. This piece of crap. OMG. It was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. And I watch alot of crap on the SyFy channel. Fortunately, I did not pay for this gem. A friend brought it over on DVD(Yes he actually bought this). You know how some movies are so bad they are great? I.E Showgirls? Well this was so bad it was just bad. And David Hasselhoff was in it. Need I say more?




10) Favorite Moment of The Year: Making the decision NOT to go through chemo again. I can't even tell you how completely devastated I was when I found out that I had a small amount of cancer in a node. Devastated wasn't a strong enough word. Ruined. Completely ruined. But then when my doctor told me the percentages I felt like I won the lottery. I seriously could have skipped out of Siedman Cancer Center.





I am finally off tomorrow and I am going to enjoy a day to myself. Heading to the gym early then shopping, lunch and a few drinks.

Have a great weekend everyone!

XOXO
B





No comments:

Post a Comment