Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Shot In The Dark"




A shot right in the ass. That's where I got my first Lupron shot yesterday. I went to see Marla, my chemo nurse, who will be handling my shots and appointments the next few years. Essentially, Lupron will make my ovaries go to sleep.



In the meantime, I will be getting genetic testing. I have my appointment next Tuesday downtown with the genetic counselor. My mom and I had to answer numerous questions about out family history and then bring that info with us. My guess is the counselor will go through all of the info then they have to get approval by insurance for the test. I am HOPING with my history and family history Anthem will not have a problem in covering this very vital test.

So I will be doing monthly shots of Lupron until I figure out if I test positive for the breast cancer gene or not. I am worried about the side effects. They include the following:

Constipation; dizziness; general body pain; headache; hot flashes; loss of appetite; nausea or vomiting; stuffy nose; trouble sleeping; weakness.




Great. Good times. I felt kind of crappy this morning. The hot flashes and night sweats will probably start in about 3 weeks. Great. Right in time for my birthday. So be forewarned: If I am crabby, not feeling well, dont want to do certain things because I am not feeling well, please do not take it personally. I am apologizing to you in in advance.....I am now a 38 year old woman trapped in a 50+ year olds body. Sweeeeeeet......at least I am alive.


And totally off topic I want to touch upon the recent passing of Art Modell. I am going to limit my words here but I want to say this: I do not feel any sympathy towards anyone who has horrible character, value and ethics. You broke my heart and I will never forgive ANYONE for doing that.

Have a great weekend everyone! and.........




XOXO-
B






No comments:

Post a Comment